Team VCB-Studio has a specific group called “Group of Technical Directors”, a.k.a. “Scripters”. They are the ones who primarily decide what animes we will do, how to do the pre-processing, how to balance encoding parameters, and assign the tasks to other team members. When a project is nearly complete, the same person is also responsible for quality assurance, screenshots, etc.
The group of scripters functions as the heart for the entire team, and the start of the project pipeline. Each qualified member is automatically promoted to the management committee. So it should be no surprise that we need people with both technical skills and solid personalities. Training courses, usually organized once every two or three years, take easily half a year long.
We are about to organize another round of training this coming spring, and we are looking for talents that (ideally):
- Pursuing university courses or graduate courses currently, with at least two more years expected in school. Once you are employed full-time, you just don’t have time for this. A plan for further graduate study counts as additional years in school.
- Studying in science, engineering, or CS background. Not to discriminate against arts or literature students, but you probably can’t even pass the entry test below.
- Having a passion for anime sharing. This is not something for profit nor academy. Most people start with the desire to encode their own waifus. Then it’s the sense of responsibility for the team that supports us moving on.
- Identifying yourself as a team player. Be ready to comply with our policies and disciplines, hide your pride towards teammates and supervisors, and coordinate with other team members even if you think you’d better solo everything.
- Not suffering from depression or other mental diseases. Somehow we have a consistent track record of attracting people with mild depression, who randomly disappear later without finishing their own nominated projects.
Should you think you are ready, take the entry test below. Instructions have been given in Entry Test.pdf:
As most of you probably noticed, we are slowing down in delivering new projects, and we are abandoning long-overdue projects. This is because the current scripters are retiring, or becoming less active, as most of us just don’t have enough time. If we don’t get enough new hands, we’ll have to either level down our quality (e.g. no pre-processing or fine-tuning), or stop undertaking new projects. That means the end of VCB-Studio de facto.
Before that worst-case scenario realizes, let’s see whether you can be part of the help.
- VCB-Studio 编年史（2023.02.01 更新） - 2023年2月1日
- White Album 2 / 白色相簿2 1080p AVC BDRip [Reseed V4 Fin] - 2022年2月14日
- Toradora! / 龙与虎 10-bit 1080p AVC BDRip [Reseed V2 Fin] - 2021年12月25日